Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Recipe was taken here from Nigella.com.
Ramadhan is coming tomorrow, so i would like to take this opportunity to wish all readers a very Happy Ramadhan. I apologize for any wrongdoings if i made any.
It is my first time fasting with hubby, which i believe is the same case like some of my readers :) I look forward to cracking my head for buka puasa and sahur :P
Let us make the best out of this holy month, with more remembrance to the Maker and improving ourselves to a better Muslim.
Happy Ramadhan everyone!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Hubby found this Gamelan group when he was scouting around for our reception entertainment.I do not wish to disclose the rates here, but if you are interested you can contact them via these details:
Monday, August 10, 2009
Because it was our first time, the BBQ grill is the first purchase too. Bought it in Carrefour for RM35, and it was quite easy to use. Only that it is of a small size, but enough for a meal of 6 person.
I was impressed with hubby's skill at handling the flames too. Maybe that is a skill gained from being a mountain climber & camper "tegar" back then in UTP. Hehe.
- BBQ chicken, prawn kebab and squid. Sorry dears, no piccas for the kebab and squid. Too busy, i forgot to snap it.
- Garlic Bread with homemade garlic butter. Here is a sharing for the garlic butter recipe. I got this from a TV show, few years ago. Never failed me ;)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Butter (butter peeps,not margarine!)
- Fresh parsley - chopped finely
- Garlic - blend
- Mix all ingredients together. Of course, portion of each ingredients depends on your preference, and your serving pax.
- Smack it on baguettes or any bread. Toast 'em!
- Green Salad with homemade Honey Lemon dressing (this was not really "laku", because most of my guests are not a vege eater.Heheh). No pics too...huhu..Recipe for honey lemon dressing, can be found in Jamie Oliver.com
- For dessert, Bread Pudding with Choc Sauce, and some fresh pineapples.Bread pudding recipe was grabbed from the Internet too ;)
I have a feeling that we will be doing this again someday, so now maybe its time for me to hint to hubby to get a better BBQ grill.Hehehe.....
Friday, August 7, 2009
Yes,its called birdcage veils. I just came to know that today.But, i was in love with this veil long before.
Never found it being worn in Malaysian weddings yet (maybe i havent came across it), but i think it is beautiful to try.
Image sourced from here
If you are having a modern theme for your reception, maybe you can explore on having this kind of veil. Or if you are bold enough, you can even wear it with a traditional-contemporary dress that most brides prefer nowadays.The most important thing is, discuss your preference with your tailor/wedding dress consultant thoroughly.
I have not found any of these on sale in Malaysian market. Anyone knows?
Alternatively, go for DIY. I found one here in Once Wed. If you are really into this veils, you should give it a try! I think you can find the veil material from a fabric store.
Good luck! :)
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
Honestly this is the first time i made Chicken Chops,so there are still some areas for improvements,especially on the grilling method. It turned out a bit oily, maybe because of the mixture of olive oil and the chicken juice.
Anyway i love to share the recipe, which i get from The Star Kuali. Click for the recipe. Its tangy and full of flavour from the combination of Black Pepper and Worchestershire Sauce.I used Lea and Perrins.
For dessert (which we actually had prior to the main course..heheh), i made use of the Avocadoes that MIL bought from Indo. It is also the first time for me, tasting avocadoes. The flavour is not fruity at all, instead it has a nutty, kind of creamy taste.
Using this recipe (also from The Star Kuali) as a base, i improvised a bit.I added a tablespoon of Van Houten chocolate powder, hence the colour. I then garnished with shavings of Beryl's chocolate. Result is a creamy,chocolatey dessert i love! (who does not love chocolate anyway?)